Career & Job Opportunities
Open Job: Supply & Purchasing Department
Copyright © 2012 - 2019 by "FGM Chartering" · All Rights reserved · E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
F.G.M. Chartering Limited.
Shipbrokers, Charterers, Shipowners Agnecy,
Dry Cargo Traders and Ship-Operators
IMO Registered No.: 5663021
C/O 25 Akti Miaouli, 8th Floor
185 35 Piraeus, Greece
We are open with career opportunities in our Supply & Purchasing Department with the interesting and challenging position for assistant and experience person, can work in friendly global teamwork environment.
The person will support a busy purchasing, technical and supply department , coordinating logistics internationally including:
- Daily communication with Vessels, Suppliers and Agents.
- having the knowledge in checking for technical services, repairs and spare parts in the marine industry.
- Assistance in the feeding data of supply into Danaos system if requested.
- This Department has a wide of responsibilities, therefore our company are looking for person who have the knowledge and being able to organize and arrange the services, repairs, spare parts, supply and purchasing of all consumables for the managed fleet and to coordinate with the technical and safety department.
- The person to have the knowledge in managing communications between the Masters, Office, Ship Agent, workshop, services marine provider and suppliers in obtaining greater discussant when it comes to purchasing the consumables items of the fleet for the engine, deck services, repairs and Stores including Provisions.
- The person must be educated in shipping studies to degree level and Fluent in English.
- Understanding of basic shipping (Terms and Commercial Negotiation Terms)
- The company using DANAOS systems, the persons should have knowledge to use the system.
- Its important that the person should be organised, careful, pays attention to detail, able to work in a high-pressured environment, dealing with a range of high priority issues and Understanding of basic shipping terms.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills; able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Data Entry; Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Excellent Skills With Microsoft Office; Detail Oriented; Organised; Timely; Competent IT Skills;
- Having the Knowledge in using DANAOS system;
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills in English Language;
- Associate's Degree/diploma in Business Administration or Related Field or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Strong negotiator and ability to outperform market levels; able to work independently as well as within team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Team player who has the discipline to meet pre-defined deadlines; able to operate within a cross cultural team environment with strong interpersonal skills.
Normal office hours apply. However, other out of hours work may arise due to the international nature of the work, therefore flexibility is required.