We are open with career opportunities in our Cahrtering department with the interesting and challenging position for assistant and experience person, can work in friendly global teamwork environment.
The person will support a busy chartering manager, coordinating logistics internationally including:
- Daily communication with Vessels, Brokers and Agents to ensure optimal voyage performance.
- having the knowledge in Handling/verification of cargo documentation.
- Having the knowledge in negotiating a voyage and Time Charter contracts with owners/operators/brokers.
- Voyage Estimation.
- Voyage Orders and Planning.
- While a fixture under negotiation, will need to be involve calculating fees eg port disbursements directly or with the operation department teams.
- You will request to have the knowledge of the Bills of Lading and instructions, check stowage plans for accuracy and feasibility, ensuring that relevant information is passed to interested parties who require the information to ensure smooth operation.
- The person must be educated in shipping studies to degree level and Fluent in English.
- Understanding of basic shipping (Terms and Commercial Negotiation Terms)
- The company using DANAOS systems, the persons should have knowledge to use the system.
- Its important that the person should be organised, careful, pays attention to detail, able to work in a high-pressured environment, dealing with a range of high priority issues and Understanding of basic shipping terms.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills; able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Data Entry; Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Excellent Skills With Microsoft Office; Detail Oriented; Organised; Timely; Competent IT Skills;
- Having the Knowledge in using DANAOS system;
- Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills in English Language;
- Associate's Degree/diploma in Business Administration or Related Field or Equivalent Work Experience.
- Strong negotiator and ability to outperform market levels; able to work independently as well as within team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Team player who has the discipline to meet pre-defined deadlines; able to operate within a cross cultural team environment with strong interpersonal skills.
Normal office hours apply. However, other out of hours work may arise due to the international nature of the work, therefore flexibility is required.