The Postfixing & Operations Department are responsible for:
- Have knowledge of the charter party form including laycan/laydays, ship’s itinerary, last cargoes, load and discharge range, freight and demurrage rate, declarations and terms;
- Managing communications between the charterer, owner, ship agent and master of the owned/chartered vessels.
- Ensuring communications between vessel masters and agent are established and all necessary pre arrival of calling ports and canal are submitted.
- Ensuring having full knowledge understanding in doing and dealing with the Demurrage and Laytime Calculation.
- Ensuring efficient flow of information between all parties, including the passing on of the voyage orders masters and make sure that masters understanding the voyage details etc.
- Overseeing that the vessel arrives on time at loadport/dischg port, providing ETAs and movement reports and that vessel arrives in the right condition.
- Ensuring the vessel loads as agreed (quantity, stowage, bill of lading)
- Ensuring a valid Letter of Indemnity in the upset of the original endorsed Bs/L and its in place and that vessel arrives at disport and discharges cargo as instructed by the charterers.
- Obtaining a confirmation from accounting department that freight is paid in order to allow releasing Bs/l or discharging the cargo.
- Processing post voyage demurrage and claims and passing to principles
All the above procedures are part of the broking service, managed vessels and ensure the voyage is carried out with utmost efficiency and service to all parties, helping build stronger relationships between all involved parties.